Monday, December 31, 2012

Ending The Hunt for 2013

Ever been caught up in an amazing book that resonated so deeply and profoundly with you? However, it was that one sentence that made you stop, put the book down and sit and think about what you just read. The truth in that one sentence resonated louder to you than any other part of the book and was the catalyst for a call to action within your spirit.

I was stopped in my reading tracks when I came to one little sentence in a leadership and vision book I recently read. “A hunter hunts for two rabbits but misses them both.”

At first glance, you may question what significance that sentence has and what could possibly be so profound about it. Stay with me for a moment and maybe you too will find the truth and vision in that sentence.

Throughout this past year of 2012 (and beyond to be really honest), I have struggled with having a creative mind and chased several different dreams and visions. The creativity is not what has been the problem. The problem has been a lack of real focus, direction and clarity. I wasn’t clear on my vision. Therefore, because I wasn’t clear, I had no real focus and direction. As a result, I’ve spent a lot of time floundering, dabbling in this, dibbling in that, but not necessarily sticking to God’s path or the vision that has been mine to go forth on.

I love Jeremiah 29:11! ”For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” As much as I love that verse and hold on to it, I wasn’t necessarily living by it. The verse says He already has plans for me. He already has plans for you! Plans that yield a great return. However, I had been too busy creating different ones and chasing my own plans. And although some of those plans were serving Him, I wasn’t necessarily seeking Him. Big difference! I wasn’t really focused on cultivating and nurturing the ones God had already ordained and blessed for me and found myself leaving Him out of the picture.

“A hunter hunts two rabbits but misses them both.”

That sentence was so profound to me because it reminded me that when we operate outside of God’s design for us, we often do find ourselves chasing, but never capturing. Sometimes we do capture but aren’t satisfied, so the hunt starts all over again. I hold on to Ephesians 3:20 that says God will give us exceedingly abundantly more than we can ask or imagine, according to the power within us. Doesn’t get any better than that! This verse keeps me focused so I can stop chasing multiple rabbits! When I allow HIM to be center, it makes my hunt so much easier and I’m not running myself ragged on a hunt, chasing something I will never catch.

As this year comes to a rapid end and we make resolutions that will soon be broken, I think it is important that we ask ourselves a few questions. “What have I been on the hunt for and missing? What have I been chasing?” Or better yet, “What have I allowed to chase me?”

What things have you been chasing or what things have been chasing you in 2012 that you need to end for 2013?

Although my hunt has been getting clear with my vision and purpose, yours may be different. Perhaps it has been:

• chasing someone who doesn’t want to be caught

• allowing someone else to hinder your growth because you are waiting for them to “get it right”

• seeking the approval and validation from others

• fearing what others may say or think

• falling prey to worry and/or procrastination

• using manipulation and control as a means to an end

• being used by manipulation or control for others gain

• being held in bondage due to refusing to forgive an actual or imagined offense

• allowing anger, bitterness and jealousy to steal your joy and blessings in life

• attempting to live up to unrealistic expectations from others or from self

• allowing negative self defeating thoughts to derail you from God’s best

I pray that for 2013, you will seek God and get clear focus from Him as you journey into this new year. I pray that whatever you have been chasing or whatever has been chasing you in 2012 that has taken you away from God’s best for your life, you will find the strength to end now.

Many blessings, health, peace, comfort, joy, prosperity, and protection over your marriage, family, children, relationships, business and ministry. Allow Him to be with you in your hunt this year so that you may capture and conqueror all that He has for you.

Happy Hunting,

~CleRenda

3 comments:

  1. Awesome. Loved it.
    You just spoke to my heart & soul.
    On time message!!!
    Continued blessings for you & the family in 2013 & beyond

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your rabbit analogy. It's so true....we have to focus. Thanks for this insightful post. Definitely timely and important--especially as we go into the new year!

    ReplyDelete